Saturday, October 24, 2009

Home Bodies

So Paul and I broke down and decided to get some good pics of our little Hugh by a real photographer. I realize that I am so lucky to have Paul at home helping out so much. He is such a great daddy and gets to spend so much quality time with us every day. I need to remember this when I think we are ready to have another one that it will not be nearly as easy b/c Paul will not be around nearly as much to change diapers, burp, and give me frequent sleeping breaks. I really do not know how single parents can do this on their own.

We have been hunkering down in the colder weather and staying indoors while getting to know our new bundle of joy. He has been such a good baby so far but will not sleep in his crib yet. After all the baby and parenting books I read during my pregnancy I was convinced I was going to take a more structured take on parenting but it is becoming quit the opposite. I CAN NOT stand to hear him cry for more than one second and give in and pick him up.

So far at nine weeks of age he is starting to crack the most beautiful smiles at us and the other night he started laughing in his sleep. We are a little worried b/c he has already started fighting his sleep and I am seeing future days of a bigger Hugh running in circles until he drops to the floor in utter exhaustation to get to sleep. He was going through a colicky phase but after making some changes in my diet he is doing a lot better.


On Sunday October 18th Paul gave little Hugh his church blessing with both sets of grandparents in attendance. It was a special day and little Hugh looked so cute in his white outfit borrowed from his cousin Reeves. We are already looking forward to the fun days that lie ahead once he reaches future milestones but we are trying to remember to enjoy him now and live in the moment.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

So cute! I so wish we had done professional pics.