Friday, April 11, 2008

a taste of my skills

So, I feel like this link to my last performance needs a little bit of an explaination. As most of you know I am (was) a classically trained dancer and wasn't too bad at it. Here on the island I have missed dancing so much so I finally went stir crazy and joined whatever dance groups I could. One was a tribal belly dancing class I took for just a month and then performed and then the universities Black Student Association was kind enough to let me work it out a little with them. The university had it's first culture carnival talent show so I got a chance to perform in front of a couple hundred medical students and faculty. Although this is not my typical performance style I came out of it learning the basics of belly dancing(which is a lot harder than it looks!) and a newer hip hop move I didn't know called the "dutty wine." It was a lot of fun performing again eventhough my belly is not as fabulous as it once was. Enjoy:)


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This. Is. Amazing. I'm so proud.

Kristen M said...

SHUT IT RIGHT NOW. I love it. Aaron and I were just watching this. I love that you did this. It was fabulous and looks like you had a way fun time. You for sure did work it out with them. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Katt said...

Blake! You rock it, hard core! Who ever said "White girls can't dance" obviously has never seen you bust a move. Way to go!